Tuesday 24 May 2011

A Turban a Day keeps the Racist away.

Been from the north and having spent three years in Carlisle(probably the most incomprehensibly racist place I have ever been, only second to Wigan) its fair to say I have been around my fair share of racist comments and general abuse.

Been in London is so different.

Every day since I have got here I must have heard atleast three different accents and come across so many different views and things I never really got to experience at home. I must say, im liking it. It adds a different feel too every day life.

Now im not going to sit here and say that I have never enjoyed racist jokes or ever been stereotypical and im not denying that it ever goes on but its just nice to see so many different people and so many different cultures and so many ways of life all getting along with life.

Someone should really explain to northern people who are scared of it all that its not too bad.

Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment