Wednesday 11 May 2011

Stupid names for companies and how it amuses me(atleast)

So, been doing alot of walking and alot of staring into space while driving and I have noticed a couple of really stupid names for companies, thought id share them with you...

First one - Access Self Storage.

Now this is a really shit name for a company which you are intending to trust your belongings too. In fact I would go as far as saying that the number one thing you would be looking for in a good self storage company would be the inability for anyone to access your stuff while your leaving it there. Otherwise, if accessibility is what you are after whilst you are on your 'year out' you might aswell just box it up and leave it on the street with a note on it saying 'fragile - handle with care'.

To make things worse, heres the logo



The box is fucking open on the logo!!!!! Who's been in my shit? Im sure I gaffered the bastard shut when I left it?

Fucking clueless some people. It really annoys me that someone got paid to do this shit.


Company 2 - General Demolition.

Fuck me, I think this one is worse. If ever in life you would like something to be specific, I assume it would be when your paying someone to demolish something. Just the meaning of the name is enough to make you shit yourself that something is going to go wrong.

I understand that the thinking behind it is probably meaning that they will demolish anything you pay them to do but for me the meaning just comes across all wrong. Im having visions of a man turning up with a sledge hammer and some explosives and using both to equal effect.

Their logo is nothing to be made fun at but they are a real company, you can see here, and a big company at that by the looks of things. Its amazing that they are so big yet no one has ever turned around and gone "mate, thats a shit name that".

Finally - shit advertising.

Theres a greggs in brentford near where I work and on a regular basis it teases me with its advertisements in the windows and smells of cakes and pies coming out the door, as if to say "come'ed fatty, weve got it all in here" but I have also noticed some really shit adverts in their collection too.

One of their signs says 'Greggs - Ready when you are'. I can assure you this is a lie. When im on earlies and im walking past at about 5.30 the stupid women is never fucking ready. After walking the 2 miles from home I am gagging for an apple turnover by the time I get there and she just mocks me with her look as she is placing the cakes in their stands for the days business. Whore.


The second thing I have picked up on is one of their adverts which says 'Greggs - The home of fresh baking' and accompanied a picture like this -








Now im no Delia Smith in the kitchen but even I know that isnt fucking baking. Thats making a sandwich. Thats getting some bread and filling it with tuna. You also not its not baked on site in the morning because its not got the texture of a fucking brick.

What they should have put along with this tuna sandwich is 'Greggs - NOT just the home of fresh baking'. Idiots.


Conclusion -

People in advertising are stupid.


N.B - Since the success of my viewing ratings since I put rude words in my tags I will be using that ploy again as thankfully there are enough weird men out there that google this shit.

Lewis




No comments:

Post a Comment